3 Academic credits + Stipend TBA (Two internships are available in this area.)
The Choreography intern will work with one or both choreographers involved in Summer Dinner Theatre. The intern may also function as Dance Captain and/or perform in one of the productions. The intern will be responsible for the following:
• Working with the choreographers on developing the dances, teaching the dances and rehearsing the dances.
• Researching any period style of dance and movement in the productions as required by the choreographers.
• Assist in dance auditions and is expected to attend meetings as scheduled.
• Be available to work with the choreographer for all prep sessions.
• Assist with the staging of the final, full-company number of the cabaret.
The intern may choreograph a number to be auditioned for the cabaret performed on the last weekend of performances. As with all the interns, the choreography intern will be expected to keep a journal and write an evaluation at the end of the summer. All interns are expected to participate in other responsibilities to the Summer Dinner Theatre program as a whole.
A candidate for this internship should have a dance and musical theatre performance background. The intern should also have good communication skills as well as a strong desire to learn about choreographing large scale musicals. All interns are required to have a minimum of one year of college or equivalent experience.
Start Date: Prior to or on the first day of Summer Dinner Theatre Auditions
End Date: Thursday, August 3rd, after final strike of Summer Dinner Theatre
Hours: may be irregular due to the nature of the job, but generally, Monday - Friday, 3 - 11 p.m., plus weekends and other hours relating to specific rehearsal schedules.
Final Week Schedule: Monday - Thursday, Noon– 6 p.m.
Primary Supervisor(s): one or both choreographers
Secondary Supervisors: Artistic Directors and Technical Director/Production Manager