3 Academic credits + Stipend TBA
An intern in this position will assist the Master Carpenter in building scenery and some large props for both shows. The intern may be given certain pieces to execute from start to finish. The intern will also have the following responsibilities:
• Assist in maintaining the scene shop and tools
• Supervise students on construction projects and help train students on the use of tools.
• Assist in creating and maintaining the build schedule for the summer.
• Supervise certain projects in the moving of stock scenery from storage, in order to prepare the theatre for performances and on the two strikes.
• Take responsibility for set maintenance during the run of each show.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn and/or develop carpentry and engineering skills and learn how to use different materials efficiently. The intern will be expected to keep a journal and write an evaluation at the end of the summer. All interns are expected to participate in other responsibilities to the Summer Dinner Theatre program as a whole.
Candidates for this internship should have experience and a willingness to learn about carpentry and engineering for the theatre. All interns are required to have a minimum of one year of college or equivalent experience.
Start Date: One week before the first day of Summer Dinner Theatre classes
End date: Thursday, August 4th, following final strike of Summer Dinner Theatre
Hours: Generally, Monday-Friday, noon - 8 p.m., with some flexibility; is expected to be present at strikes and to attend meetings as scheduled.
Final Week Schedule: Monday - Thursday, Noon – 6 p.m.
Primary Supervisor: Master Carpenter
Secondary Supervisor: Technical Director/ Production Manager