Questions and Answers
1. What is the purpose of the Co-Curricular Portfolio?
To provide official documentation of involvement in co-curricular activities that are valuable when applying to a four year school, for scholarship applications, or a professional position.
To develop personal contacts with professional staff and faculty who can assist you in choosing areas of involvement to meet personal and career goals.
To provide an opportunity for personal critique and reflection of extra/co-curricular activitiesand skill development.
2. How is the Co-Curricular Portfolio used?
The Co-Curricular Portfolio is used to complement your resume and academic transcript for four year school admission officers, prospective employers, or completing scholarship applications.
3. How should I design my portfolio?
Please come to the Student Life Office, SA186 for assistance. The Co-Curricular Portfolio is divided into six sections: Résumé, Personal Development, Organizational Management, Civic and Community Engagement, Interpersonal Skills, and Communication Skills. You may add optional sections such as Honors and Awards, References, Memorabilia, or Career Information.
4. What type of activities should be submitted?
The following activities are suggestions for inclusion in the Co-Curricular Portfolio:
· Leadership Activities: Student Senate, Orientation Leader, club officer, Special Events Chair,College wide or campus wide committees, newspaper editor, literary magazine editor etc.
· Honors, awards and recognitions
· Workshops, seminars, or conferences
· Student organizations and activities
· Service Learning and volunteer experiences
5. May I include entries for off-campus activities?
6. Why should I start my portfolio NOW?
Your portfolio will be more complete and accurate if you submit entries at the completion of eachactivity. You will be able to use the portfolio for applications and interviews if it is completed in a timely manner.
For more information aboutdeveloping a portfolio, please stopcome to the Office of Student Life .