Leadership development is a critical component of every student’s growth and development. Leadership skills extend to all facets of an individual’s life, encompassing the personal, academic, and professional elements that make up a well-rounded, successful student. Students with the motivation to cultivate leadership skills are encouraged to participate in the Leadership Ascent Program. All students are welcome.
The student will...
- develop self confidence
- expand self-awareness and personal values
- increse skills and techniques necessary for leading and empowering others
- improve interpersonal skills
- culivate a sense of civic and communtiy responsibility
- develop critical thinking
- communicate effectively
Leadership Ascent Award Certification requirements:
- Attend at least 10 of the 13 leadership workshops offered
- Become involved in campus life in a leadrship role
- Develop a co-curricular portfolio
- Complete a service learning project each semester
- organize campus events