The Office of Advancement and Community Engagement supports every unit within the College by:
- Promoting student and faculty achievements;
- Shaping the College’s image among appropriate constituencies;
- Soliciting corporate, individual, and private foundation gifts to support College’s goals and objectives;
- Developing events, programs and benefits to strengthen alumni ties and to encourage lifelong learning; and
- Fostering continual communications internally and externally through all media to keep stakeholders informed and to seek their involvement.
The vision of the unit is to create effective branding and build strong relationships in the Montgomery County community to reflect the College as an outstanding learning opportunity, cultural arts resource, economic development resource and intellectual center that is of high value to the future of the County and to its residents.
Through these relationships and marketing efforts, The Office of Advancement and Community Engagement facilitates the attainment of the College’s enrollment objectives and desired levels of support from public and private sectors. Most importantly, our ultimate objective is that these efforts support the College’s mission of “changing lives” of the students, faculty, staff and community for the better.
The focus areas of Advancement are: Media Relations/Writing, Creative Services, Marketing, Photography, Development (annual and major gifts), Alumni Association and Annual Giving, Grants, Special Events, and Montgomery College Television.
The Office of Advancement and Community Engagement is also home to the Montgomery College Foundation, which raises over $4 Million in gifts annually for scholarships, programs and facility needs of the College. Last year, over $700,000 in scholarship aid supported over 400 students of the College.
Thank you for visiting our website.