Your Child Is Our Focus
The Center for Early Education provides children with developmentally appropriate curricula in a caring and safe environment. Our dedicated, professional staff members are committed to giving each child individual attention and respect, while creating a fun and healthy learning environment that cultivates academic readiness and social/emotional development.
The Center for Early Education is:
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Licensed by the Maryland State Department of Education
- Available to Montgomery College students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public
- Open to children ages 2 to 5
- Housed in a state-of-the-art center with access to science labs, art galleries, libraries, recreational facilities, and a planetarium
Each experience in the life of a child is seen as an opportunity to learn new concepts and to gain new skills and ideas. Through play, active participation, decision-making, and exploration in learning centers, young children:
- Enhance their self-concept
- Increase their awareness of the world around them
- Develop a love of learning
- Build skills for positive and healthy interactions with peers and adults
- Gain foundational skills in literacy and mathematics needed for kindergarten readiness
- Learn to care for and respect materials and property
Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration information is announced internally to the Montgomery College community two weeks prior to announcing registration information to the general public. For more information, please fill out the form on this page and a staff member will contact you soon.
The Rockville and Takoma Park Early Learning Centers closed on June 30, 2016. Families are welcome to contact the Germantown Center for Early Education at 240-567-7875 for enrollment information.
Complete this form to receive more information and/or schedule a tour. Center staff will respond to your inquiry within 5 business days.