Purchase Orders/contracts must be issued (or verbal Purchase Order Numbers pre-authorized) prior to committing College funds and placing orders regardless of funding sources, unless a requestor has College Purchasing Card authority and can use this payment method according to established guidelines.
Use a Purchase Requisition form to submit your needs to the Procurement Office, which will issue a Purchase Order to the vendor and e-mail or fax a copy of the PO to the account manager.
- Be specific. Provide as many details as possible, including the required delivery date, and attach any quotes, proposals, invoices, or other written documentation from the vendor.
- Check your budget. Before sending your requisition, be sure money is in the account you will use. If funds are unavailable in your budget, the account manager will be notified and the requisition held in the system until funds are transferred.
- If your Purchase Requisition is valued at:
- $2,500 or less, you may buy what you need from any qualified supplier. Requestors may not split orders to avoid bidding and quotation processes.
- More than $2,500, the Procurement Office will handle the purchase.
Use collegewide supply contracts for:
- Office supplies, copy paper, MC nametags, etc. - Rudolph’s Office & Computer Supply. Note: The contract expires on June 30, 2015.
- College stationery and business cards - Miller's Minuteman Press