The Office of Procurement is a service unit within the Office of Administrative & Fiscal Services which supports the educational mission of Montgomery College. The Office of Procurement is responsible for providing procurement leadership, coordination, and strategy for the College to assist faculty and staff with the identification, selection, and acquisition of required goods and services in accordance with Board of Trustees policy, local, state, and federal laws. Our mission is to:
- Provide value, quality, and satisfaction in the delivery of efficient and cost effective purchasing and materials management services and through the implementation of effective systems and processes.
- Help buyers make informed and competitive decisions based on price, quality, and service.
- Secure the highest quality products/services which add value to the College’s operations and processes and which result in the lowest total cost, highest perceived value, and total customer satisfaction at minimal risk.
- Encourage fair and open competition among vendors through competitive bidding, negotiation, and contract buying.
- Foster an energetic, supportive organization conducive to creative ideas, team effort, and professional and personal development.
The functions of the Procurement Office include purchasing and receiving operations, which perform the following duties:
- Coordinates purchases of all goods & services for College activities
- Maintains vendor records and relationships
- Arranges for product demonstrations
- Provides assistance and recommendations to internal users
- Monitors procurement procedures
- Provides training
- Evaluates bids and proposals
- Opens all bids
- Participates in community outreach activities
- Receives all goods and equipment at a central location
- Delivers all goods, equipment, and mail to the three campuses and satellite offices
- Arranges for shipment returns
- Coordinates receipt of goods with internal customers
We are a customer-friendly department serving and supporting the needs of the College community.