Multicultural & Diversity Training
| || |
It is through this annual requirement and expectation of continuous learning that the College is ensuring that employees are engaged in activities that can enhance their cultural awareness, knowledge and skills.
What is the requirement?
By June 30th every year all employees are required to take one class/workshop or attend one event.
How to Register for this Class
- Log into MC Learns (Use your MyMC login.)
- On the Home page, click "Required Training for Administrators, Supervisors and Employees".
- The Required Training page will open.
- Follow the instructions on the page to enroll.
Because our employee population is so diverse in terms of our backgrounds, experiences, roles, and responsibilities, there is no “one-size fits-all” training and development solution. Instead, it is up to employees and supervisors to determine and agree upon what type of training or development experience is best for the individual, based on personal, professional and/or organizational needs. Please read the above memoranda to learn more about your options and the factors to be considered when deciding if an activity meets the requirement. To find opportunities that best meet your needs, we encourage you to:
- Research and explore issues and trends in your field or discipline;
- Discuss areas for learning with supervisors, managers, colleagues, and teams;
- Visit the PDS, find a topic of interest and register.
- Inquire about or suggest to CPOD or CTL potential classes and programs.
If you are interested in sponsoring an event that would fulfill this requirement, please fill out the Multicultural & Diversity Training Event Request Form. Submit completed form via e-mail to: email@example.com