If your SAT math score is 550 or higher, you may enroll in MA 110, MA 113, MA 115, MA 116, MA 130, or MA 160 without taking the
Students who have a 600 on the SAT math test can enroll in MA180 as well.
Students who have a 650 and have had precaclulus in high school should see the math department if they wish to take MA181.
All students whose SAT score is not high enough for the class they desire should take the
The assessment test is only used to place students in courses up to and including Calculus I [MA 181]. If you believe you qualify for a mathematics course above the level of MA 181, please see an advisor in the Mathematics Department.
Other exemptions from assessment testing include:
- Students with an associate's degree or higher from a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Students who have been out of college for at least three years and who intend to take a math course are advised to take the Accuplacer test.
- Students enrolling with a letter of permission from another college or university.
With certain exceptions, the following students must participate in assessment testing:
- New, degree-seeking students.
- Students planning to transfer.
- Students taking their first math course.
- Students on restriction who have not taken the Accuplacer or LOEP test.
- Students enrolled in a course with a required skill level or prerequisite, who do not meet any of the exemptions above.