The Risk Management unit in the Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management supports student success by promoting a safe learning environment for students, faculty, staff and the college community. Our goal is to maintain safety by identifying and documenting regulatory risks and implementing controls , providing documentation and training utilizing risk management best practices to minimize the financial impact of losses. Risk Management involves ten key areas:
- All art owned by the college or loaned to the college for display including outdoor sculptures are insured and records maintained by the Risk Management unit
- The Risk Management unit works closely with third party administrators to manage property, casualty, liability and Workers' Compensation claims.
- Risk Management is responsible for reviewing and approving driving records for anyone that drives a college owned vehicle. Montgomery College requires employees to be of at least 25 years of age and have less than two points on their driving record. Please submit the Request for Driving Record to Ms. Rowena D'Souza, Risk Management, Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management, Central Services (MK) Building at least 2 weeks in advance for approval.
- Records of college owned vehicles are maintained and registered with the MVA for insurance purposes.
- Montgomery College is self insured for auto, crime, liability and workers compensation coverage. Our goal is to provide appropriate coverage at the best pricing available.
- Risk Management works to prevent losses by reviewing injury reports, investigating accidents, providing safety training, developing and implementing policies and procedures, and provides ergonomic evaluations for staff.
- Risk Management is responsible for reviewing volunteer registration forms and maintains records on volunteers at the college.