Skip to Main Content
Resources for Visiting Students
Looking for Open House or campus tour information?

Are you planning to take classes at Montgomery College [MC] to transfer back to your home college/university?


Before you begin:  Search the Live Class Schedule

Need help searching the class schedule?  Watch How to Search for Classes

Step 1:  Apply for admission 

You only need to apply for admission to MC once, so if you have previously applied to or taken classes at MC, skip this step.

Step 2: Obtain "Permission to Enroll" from your college or university

Submit official written permission* via form or letter from your home college or university to Please include your Montgomery College Student Id number that begins with M. If you prefer, you can fax the permission to the MC campus that you plan to attend:

     Germantown Admissions and Records FAX: 240-567-7815

     Rockville Admissions and Records FAX: 240-567-5037

     Takoma Park/Silver Spring Admissions and Records FAX:  240-567-1497

*Please allow at least two business days to process.

This permission should include the exact classes for which you plan to register at MC.  Example: ENGL 101

If you do not have permission to enroll, you will want to bring your official SAT/ACT score report, or have your log-on information to retrieve this information from the College Board/ACT website when you visit Montgomery College to seek permission to register.  Note:  Most Montgomery College courses have required assessment levels or pre-requisites. 

Below are links to instructions and/or permission forms from institutions that we routinely receive:


Frostburg State University:
Salisbury University:
Towson University:
University of Maryland, Baltimore County:
University of Maryland, College Park:
University of Maryland, Eastern Shore:


Mount St. Mary’s University:


(DC) American University:
(DC) George Washington University:
(PA) Penn State University:
(VA) George Mason University:
(VA) James Madison University:
(WV) West Virginia University:

Step 3: View the Class Schedule, Register and Pay

Log on to My MC to view course offerings, register for classes and pay your balances.

Written permission from your home institution will enable Admissions and Records to override prerequisites and make registration possible.
Be sure to print your class schedule once you have paid for your classes.

Payment for classes is due at the time of registration. For payment deadlines and information, visit Cost and Payment Deadlines.
Need help registering for classes? Watch Credit Registration
Need help adding yourself to a waitlist?  Watch  How to Waitlist Also read Waitlist FAQs for more information.
More information on prerequisites and assessment levels

If you need help with MyMC, call 240-567-5000, choose option 1 for English, and then option 2 for MyMC.

Step 4: Obtain a Parking Pass

This can only be done through My MC.
  • Once you log-in to MyMC, you can find parking permit information under either; Student Tools - click on the "Parking Permit" link or Student Checklists – click on “Get Your Parking Permit.”
  • You will be led through steps to order your parking pass, which will be mailed to your home address.
  • Be sure to have your vehicle registration information handy.
  • Also, be sure to verify your mailing address in MyMC under "My Personal Information" in the "Student Quick Links" section to ensure quickest delivery.
  • It is not necessary to obtain a parking permit in the summer.

Step 5:  Obtain a Student ID 

Bring your schedule and proof of zero balance from My MC to the campus you plan to attend.

This may be done the first day of class or as soon as you have made payment arrangements. Go to:

     Germantown Student Life: SA Building, Room 186

     Rockville Student Life:  CC Building, Lower Level Room 005

     Takoma Park/Silver Spring Student Life:  ST Building, Room 217

Step 6:  Buy Your Books

Step 7: Request an Official Transcript 

When your classes are finished, you will be able to track your final grades through  My MC. 
You will need to order an official transcript through MyMC to report your work back to your home college or university.

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2017, Montgomery College