Engineering students enroll in a variety of courses in several different disciplines such as engineering science, computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, English and general education. Finding an appropriate advisor often requires some effort on the part of the student. Listed below are names of current advisors along with a short description of their particular expertise and advising strengths. They are listed by campus.
- Dr. Donald Day: Advising for any engineering curriculum, transfer programs, pre-requisite overrides, EL & RD students, new or returning students, physics courses, chemistry courses, math courses, engineering courses. Winter 2017 Hours - updated 12-07-2016
- Dr. Alla Webb: Advisng for Computer Scence -
- Dr. Muhammad Kehnemouyi: Interim Dean Science, Engineering & Technology, advising for mechanical engineering returning students, fluent in Farsi.
- Dr. Alex Hou: Advising for mechanical engineering students, general advising for upper level students, transfer programs, numerical methods for engineers (ENES240).
- Dr. Lan Xiang: Advising for electrical engineering students, ASE degree seeking students, EE transfers to UMCP.
- Dr. Wendy He: Advising for mechanical engineering students.
- Mr. Craig Garrison-Mogren: Advising for mechanical engineering students, physics courses, Engineers Without Borders.
- Dr. Nawal Benmouna: Advising for physics courses.
- Dr. Uche Abanulo: Advising for electrical engineering courses, EE transfer programs, student research projects in speech analysis, numerical methods for electrical engineers (ENEE222).
- Dr. Hollis Williams: Advising for physics courses, Air Force ROTC
- Dr. Arya Akmal: Advising for physics courses, ENEE140.
- Mr. Michael Mehalick: Advising for Co-op programs, Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU), Internships, Scholarships.
- Prof. Nevart Tahmazian: Advising for CHEM135 and general chemistry questions. Fluent in Armenian, Arabic, and French.
- Dr. Ben Nicholson: Advising for mathematics and math course placement, also general advising.
- Dr. Rick Penn: Mathematics course information, Honors Program information and advising.
- Dr. Luc Desir: Mathematics course advising, general advising.
- Dr. Zine Boudhraa: Mathematics course advising.
- Prof. Alison Rose: Mathematics course advising.
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Back to the top