Want to meet new people? Get away for a while? Travel to new places? Make a difference?
Join other Montgomery College students on a week or weekend packed with community service, meaningful reflections, and fun activities.
Alternative Breaks are week and weekend-long service trips that help students learn about social issues through direct service, issue education, and reflection. Alternative Breaks help students explore how they can make a difference in their local and broader communities in the issues that matter to you...and affect us all. Applications for our next trip will be available in the fall semester.
Alternative Breaks are sponsored by different MC campuses but are always open to all students, regardless of the campus you attend.
To learn more about upcoming Alternative Break trips, become a fan of the Montgomery College Germantown Student Life Facebook page or contact the Service Learning Coordinator, SA building, room 186 on the Germantown campus, 240-567-7840.
Past Alternative Breaks
- Thanksgiving Break: Hunger & Homelessness, Rockville, MD
- Spring Weekend: Community Development, Philadelphia, PA
- Spring Break 2008 & 2009: Habitat for Humanity, Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Spring Break 2010: Habitat for Humanity, Americus, GA
- Summer Break: Animal & Environmental Welfare, Woodstock, NY
- Fall Weekend 2011: Designing for Hope Room Renovation, New Jersey
- Spring Break 2011 & 2012: Habitat for Humanity, Bay St. Louis, Mississippi
- Spring Break 2013: Habitat for Humanity, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Summer Break 2013: Restore the Shore, New Jersey
- January 2014: Health, Housing, and Equality, Washington, D.C.
- Spring Break 2014: Disaster Relief, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
| || |