Select a Service Site
Service sites must be selected from the list provided by the Service Learning Coordinator or the Montgomery County Volunteer Center.
- Check the curriculum objectives and other requirements for Service Learning in your course syllabus.
- Review the list of available agencies/schools and select a potential service site that meets all course requirements.
- Select a site that interests you!
- Think about your needs for transportation, location, and schedule.
Contact the Service Learning Coordinator at MC-Germantown if you have any questions about a site or the selection process. Visit SA 186 on the Germantown campus or call 240-567-7840 for help.
Contact the Agency/School
- Call or e-mail the agency/school to discuss available service options.
- Clarify your requirements for the service learning placement.
- Find out the needs of the agency/school.
Complete the Service Learning Placement Agreement and Release/Waiver
The Service Learning Placement Agreement and Release/Waiver must be completed and turned in to the Service Learning Coordinator or your instructor before beginning any community service.
Complete the Service Learning Time Sheet/Student Performance Evaluation
- Complete the required number of service hours and record them on the Time Sheet. Ask the site supervisor to validate service hours and complete the Student Performance Evaluation. You are responsible for submitting the Service Learning Time Sheet and Student Performance Evaluation to your instructor or the Service Learning Coordinator, Office of Student Life, SA 186 when all of your service hours have been completed.
| || |