Skip to Main Content
F1 Academic Counseling

International students, especially those in F-1 and M-1 status, have specific Academic Requirements.  On each campus there are Academic Counselors to assist you.

Academic Counselors will assist you with the following: 

  • Registering for the correct classes for your degree program
  • Deciding if and when to have courses from universities outside of the United States evaluated for academic credit
  • Preparing for and understanding transfer to another institution
  • Enrolling in internships, which may provide credit toward your degree, experience in your field, and/or a paycheck
  • Working with faculty or getting help with preparing for classes

To make an appointment to see an Academic Counselor who assists International Students: 

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2016, Montgomery College