All students who have CURRENT F-1 status at Montgomery College are invited to attend a Workshop (for SPRING 2014 these will be on the FINAL/last Friday of each month).
1) Employment Options for F-1 Students
2) Updates on Immigration Regulations Affecting F-1 Students
3) Annual Tax Workshop with U.S. Tax information Presented
4) Understanding Health Care/Medical Insurance Information (provided upon request)
5) Make Up Orientation (for new students who missed required orientation before classes began) EXTENDED TIME 2:30-5:00pm
Workshop Schedule: GENERAL SESSION 3:00-4:30PM
Make up orientation (JANUARY 31st ONLY) 2:30-5:00PM
DATES: January 31 - 2:30-5:00pm Make Up Orientation. (3:00-4:30 Employment Information section)
February 28 - 2:30-5:00pm Make Up Orientation. (3:00-4:30 Employment Information session)
March 28 - SPECIAL SESSION; TAX Information COMBINED WITH F-1 Information
April 25 - Final "Last Friday" Employment workshop for Spring Semester 3:00-4:30pm
LOCATION FOR ALL FALL MEETINGS: Rockville Campus, Humanities Building, Room - 111 (HU111)
Workshops are presented on the Rockville Campus. The location is set at the beginning of each semester; call 240-567-5043 for more information. MAKE UP ORIENTATION (required for students who missed New International Orientation prior to the start of the semester) is offered September, and February ONLY and will meet 2:30-5:00pm as it requires extra time.
Student Employment Services on each campus assists students with preparing to search for a job and has job listings.
Visit Student Employment Services for assistance and more information. Their services are FREE to current Montgomery College students!