MARCH 8, 2013 TAX WORKSHOP CANCELLED DUE TO CHANGE IN GUEST SPEAKER SCHEDULE. SEE THIS SITE FOR NEW DATE.
All students who have CURRENT F-1 status at Montgomery College are invited to attend a First Friday Workshop.
1) Employment Options for F-1 Students
2) Updates on Immigration Regulations Affecting F-1 Students
3) Annual Tax Workshop with U.S. Tax information Presented (March 8th - the SECOND Friday)
4) Understanding Health Care/Medical Insurance Information (provided upon request)
5) Make Up Orientation (for new students who missed required orientation before classes began) EXTENDED TIME 2:30-5:00pm
Workshop Schedule: GENERAL SESSION 3:00-4:30PM
Make up orientation (February 1st ONLY) 2:30-5:00PM
DATES: February 1 - 2:30-5:00pm Make Up Orientation. (3:00-4:30 Employment Information section)
March 8 - SECOND FRIDAY, Tax Information session at Rockville campus (March 1st Tax assistance presented at University of Maryland, College Park) ***Room may be changed!!!
April 19 - 2:30-5:00 Last Make Up Orientation before Fall Registration (3:00-4:30 Employment Information Section)
May 3 - Last "First Friday" Employment workshopfor 2012/2013 academic year
LOCATION FOR SPRING: Rockville Campus, Humanities Building, Room - 133 (HU133)
Workshops are presented on the Rockville Campus. The location is set at the beginning of each semester; call 240-567-5043 for more information. MAKE UP ORIENTATION (required for students who missed New International Orientation prior to the start of the semester) is offered September, October, February, and April and will meet 2:30-5:00pm as it requires extra time.
Student Employment Services on each campus assists students with preparing to search for a job and has job listings.
Visit Student Employment Services for assistance and more information. Their services are FREE to current Montgomery College students!