All students who have CURRENT F-1 status at Montgomery College are invited to attend a Workshop (for FALL 2014 these will be on the First Friday of each month in Humanities 133 on the Rockville Campus).
1) Employment Options for F-1 Students
2) Updates on Immigration Regulations Affecting F-1 Students
3) Annual Tax Workshop with U.S. Tax information Presented
4) Understanding Health Care/Medical Insurance Information (provided upon request)
5) Make Up Orientation (for new students who missed required orientation before classes began) EXTENDED TIME 2:30-5:00pm
Workshop Schedule: GENERAL SESSION 3:00-4:30PM
Make up orientation (SEPTEMBER 5TH ONLY) 2:30-5:00PM
DATES: September 5th - 2:30-5:00pm Make Up Orientation. (3:00-4:30 Employment Information section)
October 3rd - 3:00-4:30 Employment Information session
November 7th - SPECIAL SESSION; Job Search Information COMBINED WITH F-1 Information (3:00-5:00pm)
December 5th - Final "First Friday" Employment workshop for Fall Semester 3:00-4:30pm
LOCATION FOR ALL FALL MEETINGS: Rockville Campus, Humanities Building, Room - 133 (HU133)
Workshops are presented on the Rockville Campus. The location is set at the beginning of each semester; call 240-567-5043 for more information. MAKE UP ORIENTATION (required for students who missed New International Orientation prior to the start of the semester) is offered September, and February ONLY and will meet 2:30-5:00pm as it requires extra time.
Student Employment Services on each campus assists students with preparing to search for a job and has job listings.
Visit Student Employment Services for assistance and more information. Their services are FREE to current Montgomery College students!