All students who have CURRENT F-1 status at Montgomery College are invited to attend a Workshop in the Humanities building on the Rockville Campus.
1) Employment Options for F-1 Students
2) Updates on Immigration Regulations Affecting F-1 Students
3) Annual Tax Workshop with U.S. Tax information Presented
4) Understanding Health Care/Medical Insurance Information (provided upon request)
5) Make Up Orientation (for new students who missed required orientation before classes began) EXTENDED TIME 2:30-5:00pm
Workshop Schedule: GENERAL SESSION 3:00-4:30PM. Fall 2015 these will be "First Friday" Workshops on the first Friday of each month of the semester.
DATES: September 4th WITH Make up New International Student Orientation (Orientation begins at 2:30pm and ends at 5:00pm)
November 6th - SPECIAL SESSION; "Job Searching and Resume Writing" as part of Career Month.
LOCATION FOR ALL SPRING MEETINGS: Rockville Campus, Humanities Building, Room - (HU) room 127
Workshops are presented on the Rockville Campus. The location is set at the beginning of each semester; call 240-567-5043 for more information. MAKE UP ORIENTATION (required for students who missed New International Orientation prior to the start of the semester) is offered September, and February ONLY and will meet 2:30-5:00pm as it requires extra time.
Student Employment Services on each campus assists students with preparing to search for a job and has job listings.
Visit Student Employment Services for assistance and more information. Their services are FREE to current Montgomery College students!