All Children Have an Opportunity to Develop:
• The ability to make choices and decisions about what to do and how to do it using his or her own time and energy effectively.
• Self-discipline and the ability to identify, pursue, and complete self-chosen and teacher-directed goals and tasks.
• The ability to work with other children and adults in group planning, cooperative efforts, and shared leadership.
• A knowledge of objects, skill in the arts, and comfort with physical movement.
• The ability to express thoughts, ideas, and feelings; to speak about, dramatize, and graphically represent experiences in order to communicate with others.
• The ability to comprehend others' spoken, written, dramatic, and graphic representations
• The ability to apply his or her reasoning abilities to a wide range of situations using a variety of materials.
• Creativity, initiative, spirit of inquiry, and openness to knowledge and other people's viewpoints.