Montgomery College is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges.
SOC was established to help active duty personnel in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard and their dependents graduate college despite a potential change of duty station.
Benefits of Completing a SOC Agreement
- Guaranteed degree completion with Montgomery College, even if you have to relocate
- Meets the requirement of an Education Plan for Tuition Assistance purposes
- No fee and no additional obligation for you, the student
- Only 25% of your courses required for your degree must be completed at Montgomery College, compared to 30% of programs offered entirely online by other institutions.
- Plenty of options for transfer credit, including courses taken at other institutions, AP and CLEP exams, IB credit, and military transcript credit for servicemembers
To Establish a SOC Agreement with Montgomery College
1. Complete a Request to Initiate a SOC Agreement form.
2. Return completed form to following campus contact in the Office of Admissions and Records:
Germantown: Sharon Getzandanner Rockville: Eunice Akitobi Takoma Park/ Silver Spring: Ivy Devers
3. Your SOC agreement will be mailed to you.
| SOCAD || SOCNAV || SOCMAR || SOCCOAST || SOCGUARD |
Associate and bachelor’s degree programs for Army personnel and their families
Associate and bachelor’s degree programs for Navy personnel and their families
Associate and bachelor’s degree programs for Marine Corps personnel and their families
Associate and bachelor’s degree programs for Coast Guard personnel and their families
A college outreach program that integrates post secondary education with key Army National Guard (ARNG) activities and functions
For more information about the SOC Program, please visit the SOC homepage.