Montgomery College's International Students
Montgomery College is proud to welcome students from all over the world! Students needing a form I-20 for F-1 or M-1 Student Visa status must work with an International Coordinator. Watch our student-made video below!
This video was made entirely by current Montgomery College International Students to share their perspective, not by the Institution. For more information about majors and degrees visit the corresponding part of Montgomery College website.
The Office of the International Coordinators:
- Creates the form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) used by U.S. Consulates to issue F-1 and M-1 student visas and by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services [USCIS] to award F-1 and M-1 student status
- Confers with students from outside of the United States or students in statuses other than F-1/M-1 to determine eligibility for F-1 or M-1 status
- Provides information on College services to students in F-1 and M-1 status
- Maintains students' I-20 records for USCIS
- Refers students to resources to assist them with studying and living in the U.S. and in the great state of Maryland!
- Contact and Office Hours
International Student Connections social events
Non-immigrants (except visitors on the Visa Waiver Program, those with a "B" visa, and "F-2" dependents of other students) are welcome to study part time or full time while they are in the United States and should apply directly to the Admission and Records/Registrar's Office on their Campus of choice!
Click here if you are a : Permanent Resident
If a student currently enrolled at Montgomery College is ending their non-immigrant status (dependents turning 21 years old, or persons ending the employment which gave them a non-immigrant status, etc) they may need to Apply for a form I-20 to get F-1 or M-1 status through the Montgomery College International Coordinator's Office. An appointment is necessary, please contact the Office at least three months before the status will end. For additional information see our webpage for Applying for an I-20 from Inside of the United States.
We hope you find this information helpful. If you need further assistance,
contact the Office of International Student Coordinators by phone, fax or e-mail.
We look forward to working with you!