9.2 Add/Edit Single-Level Menu Items
Example menu with single-level items/links (left and top menus):
- Go to the content folder that contains the menu you want to edit.
- Select Menu from the View menu.
- Select a menu to edit. The menu opens.
- Mouse over the menu folder name to see the menu editing options available: Add, Reorder, Edit, Delete.
- To add an item (link) to the menu, mouseover menu folder that should contain the link. Click Add.
- Choose one of these two link options:
an internal page link (a link to a content block within the CMS)
an external page link (an external hyperlink)
Internal page link
Select Content Item to link to an internal page (a page stored in the CMS).
Select a content item to which the link should point.
Click the yellow plus sign.
PLEASE NOTE: By default, a content item link will not open in a new window when clicked by an end user.
back to top
External page link
Select External Hyperlink to link to an external page (a page not in the CMS).
Type a title and URL for the link.
Click the Save icon
PLEASE NOTE: By default, a link to an external page will not open in a new window when clicked by an end user. It is best practice to open an external link in a new window by following the steps below:
- Mouseover the external link. Click Edit
- In the Target section, select Popup (the default is Self)
back to top