6.4 Overwrite a File in the DMS
Replace non-Word DMS Documents (.pdfs and images)
- In the Workarea, click on your folder and locate the pdf or image you would like to overwrite/replace
- Click on the file. You will now be directed to a preview screen. From the preview screen hit the Edit button
- Once in Edit mode upload your new file
Replace MS Word documents
- In the Workarea, highlight the folder containing the MS Word document that you want to replace
- Click the Add Assets icon
- Drag and drop the new file from your computer (Windows Explorer) to the drag and drop window within the Workarea (if uploading multiple files at once, hold down the Control key to select non-consecutive items, or the Shift key to select consecutive items)
PLEASE NOTE: the actual file name (not title) of your MS Word documents must be exactly the same in order for the overwrite/replace to work.
Follow these steps to locate the exact file name of your MS Word document:
- Locate and click on your MS Word document
- Click on Download "your file's name". A popup box will appear with the exact file name of your MS Word document. Make sure your new MS Word document, replacing the old DMS MS Word document in the CMS, has this exact file name and extension.
- When you drag and drop the new file from your computer (Windows Explorer) to the drag and drop window you should be prompted to replace your existing MS Word document (if your file names are identical)
back to top