1. Dual Enrollment (DE) students are subject to all Policies and Procedures as well as Academic Regulations and Standards of Montgomery College.
2. The College reserves the right to make the final decision on admission. Final decisions will rest with the Chief Enrollment Services and Financial Aid Officer or designee in accordance with the policy, guidelines, and procedures for admissions.
3. DE students are eligible to take most college level courses for which they qualify. DE Students must meet the prerequisite requirement and assessment level(s) for each enrolled credit-bearing course. DE students may not enroll in developmental courses or courses that combine developmental and college level work. DE students must test beyond Pathways (53+ ACCU Reading) to be eligible to take any college courses.
4. Dual Enrollment students may enroll in two (2) courses or up to seven (7) credits each term, during fall and spring semesters and one (1) course during each summer session.
5. Students are responsible for paying all required tuition & fees and purchasing any required textbooks, materials and supplies associated with their registered course(s).
Students under age 16, by the first day of their initial
entry term, and each subsequent term
will be referred by the DE office
to be interviewed by a Dean of Student
Services to obtain an exception to the age requirement; however these students
must also meet the standard
requirement for admission and must be assessed at the college
level in reading,
English and math.
7. All Dual Enrollment students seeking any accommodations for assessment testing or a college course must be registered through MC’s Disability Support Services. Documentation should be submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to testing and/or the start of the semester in order to ensure timely services.
8. Earned college credit may be used to fulfill the credit requirement for the HS diploma, as outlined by the Maryland Department of Education (COMAR 13A.03.02.05). Principal’s approval must be obtained prior to the start of each semester.
Continued eligibility to participate in the Dual Enrolment
Program is contingent upon successful completion with a minimum grade of "C" or better
in previous college
who withdraw with a “W” on their transcript may be ineligible for future
participation. Students must continue to meet the Dual Enrollment standards and follow the same procedures for enrollment. Student must also satisfy
all financial obligations to MC prior to enrollment.
Student MUST submit all appropriate documents including
their most recent transcript, a Dual Enrollment Approval Form and DE registration/schedule change
form with appropriate signatures for each semester they intend to take college courses.