1. Early Placement (EP) students are subject to all Policies and Procedures as well as Academic Regulations and Standards of Montgomery College.
2. The College reserves the right to make the final decision on admission. Final decisions will rest with the Chief Enrollment Services and Financial Aid Officer or designee in accordance with the policy, guidelines, and procedures for admissions.
3. EP students are eligible to take most college level courses for which they qualify. EP Students must meet the prerequisite requirement and assessment level(s) for each enrolled credit-bearing course. EP students may not enroll in developmental courses or courses that combine developmental and college level work. EP students must test beyond Pathways (53+ ACCU Reading) to be eligible to take any college courses.
4. Early placement students may enroll in two (2) courses or up to seven (7) credits each term, during fall and spring semesters and one (1) course during each summer session.
5. Students are responsible for paying all required MC tuition & fees and purchasing any required textbooks, materials and supplies associated with their registered course(s).
6. Students under age 16, together with their parent/ guardian, must meet with a Dean of Student Services prior to course enrollment. The MC Academic Coordinator will provide a referral to meet with a Dean at the appropriate time. Underage students should otherwise follow the regular admission and registration procedures.
7. All Early Placement students seeking any accommodations for assessment testing or a college course must be registered through MC’s Disability Support Services. Documentation should be submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to testing and/or the start of the semester in order to ensure timely services.
8. Earned college credit may be used to fulfill the credit requirement for the HS diploma, as outlined by the Maryland Department of Education (COMAR 13A.03.02.05). Principal’s approval must be obtained prior to the start of each semester.
9. Continued eligibility to participate in the Early Placement Program is contingent upon successful completion with a minimum grade of "C" or better in previous college course(s). Students who withdraw with a "W" on their transcript may be ineligible for future participation. Students must continue to meet the Early Placement standards including maintaining the appropriate GPA. Students must also satisfy all financial obligations to MC and MCPS (if appropriate) prior to enrollment.
10. Students MUST submit an Early Placement Form with appropriate signatures for each semester they intend to take college courses.