* Montgomery College Homepage http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/
* My MC Login (to register, check grades, and more...)
* MC Bookstore http://bookstore.montgomerycollege.edu
* Student Forms http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/admissions/StudentForms/StudentForms.htm
* Academic Calendar http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/dates/
* Credit Class Schedule http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/credit/
* Student Services http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/studev/
* American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine is a multidisciplinary association dedicated to advancing the safe and effective use of ultrasound in medicine through professional and public education, research, development of guidelines, and accreditation.
* American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
ARDMS promotes quality care and patient safety through the certification and continuing competency of ultrasound professionals
* Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (SDMS)
The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography was founded in 1970 to promote, advance, and educate its members and the medical community in the science of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The Society achieves its purpose by:
• seeking the cooperation of similar organizations;
• initiating and overseeing educational programs;
• stimulating and encouraging research; encouraging presentation and publication of scientific papers;
• collecting and disseminating information pertinent to the membership;
• publishing a scientific journal and a newsletter;
• and reviewing and establishing policies regarding the professional status, legislative activity, and welfare of its members.
* Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
* Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Founded in 1915, the Radiological Society of North America is a professional membership society committed to excellence in patient care through education and research. More than 48,000 medical imaging professionals are members of RSNA, including radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists and allied scientists.
RSNA hosts the world's largest annual radiology meeting, publishes two highly respected peer-reviewed journals, offers opportunities to earn CME, and provides research and education grants to young investigators.
* Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound (SRU)
The SRU has joined the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging, an initiative of the Society for Pediatric Radiology.
* Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS)
To establish, maintain and promote quality education standards in diagnostic medical sonography.
* Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education (CAAHEP)
CAAHEP is the largest programmatic accreditor in the health sciences field. In collaboration with its Committees on Accreditation, CAAHEP reviews and accredits over 2000 educational programs in twenty-three (23) health science occupations.
* International Society on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
ISUOG is a charity and membership association that encourages the exchange of research information and promotes education in ultrasound and related imaging in obstetrics and gynecology.
* OBGYN,net: Ultrasound
David Holtz is a practicing Gynecologic Oncologist with Main Line Gynecologic Oncology Associates and the Director of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology for the Main Line Health System. He is the first gynecologic surgeon in Pennsylvania to perform procedures for uterine and cervical cancer with the daVinci Robot, and he is a Clinical Assistant Professor with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research. Dr. Holtz’s clinical interests include minimally invasive surgery for women’s cancers and nanoparticles in the treatment of ovarian cancer.
* Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Society OBGYN.net: Ultrasound
* History of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Dr. Joseph Woo –
* European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology EFSUMB
Minimum Training recommendations for the practice of medical ultrasound in Europe.
A document that provides a description for some medical specialties of the theoretical and practical training that the committee recommends and also competency assessment sheets
* FDA/Center for Devices & Radiological Health, USA) CDRH/FDA
FDA is an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services.
The FDA's organization consists of the Office of the Commissioner and four directorates overseeing the core functions of the agency: Medical Products and Tobacco, Foods, Global Regulatory Operations and Policy, and Operations.
SonoWorld was launched in 1999 as a way to use the emerging Internet to provide free educational materials to ultrasound practitioners in developing countries around the world. As the founders explored ways to accomplish this mission, it became apparent that there was a global need for a centralized resource for information as well as educational resources, and that this could best be accomplished by creating a new education-focused virtual community for physicians, sonographers and industry. The global nature of the Internet and the possibility of reaching vast numbers of medical professionals who wanted to provide ultrasound services but lacked access to quality training resulted in a re-focusing of SonoWorld toward the larger mission of supporting quality patient care through provision of the resources needed for basic ultrasound education, free and on-demand. The founders and staff brought together a wide range of experience in clinical ultrasound, education, research, training and industry, and this expertise coupled with a passionate commitment to quality education drove the development of SonoWorld to what it is today.
* RadiologyLinx (MDLinx)
News and Research:
* Ultrasound - Information & News
News-Medical.Net aims to segment, profile and distribute medical news to the widest possible audience of potential beneficiaries worldwide and to provide a forum for ideas, debate and learning, and to facilitate interaction between all parts of the medical health sciences community worldwide
* Entrez PubMed
* Advanced Ultrasound
It's conventional wisdom in radiology that technologies incubate for several years, then undergo quantum leaps of advancement. Across the board, the contributors to this Advanced Ultrasound supplement affirm that this may indeed be one of ultrasound's renaissance periods.
* Swinburne University of Technology - School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering Medical Imaging HET408
* Duke University Medical Center – The Physics of Ultrasound
* The University of Sidney, Australia – College of Science and Technology – Medical Physics
* Glenbrook South HS, Glenview, Illinois – Sound Physics
* Collaboration for Nondestructive Testing Education
* Atlantic Veterinary College – Diagnostic Radiology
Ultrasound Schools and Institutions:
* University of Iowa – College of Medicine – Division of Physiologic Imaging, Department of Radiology
* The University of Kansas Medical Center – Radiographic Anatomy Program
* University of Michigan – Basic Radiological Sciences Ultrasound Group
* University of Alabama at Birmingham – Department of Radiology
* The Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, Maryland
* George Washington University Medical Center – Sonography Program
* University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Diagnostic Medical Sonography
* Institute of Ultrasound in Diagnostic Medicine, Mobile, Alabama
* Montgomery College, Maryland – Health Sciences – Nursing
* Foothill College – Los Altos Hills, California
* Medical College of Georgia – Diagnostic Medical Sonography
* The Ultrasound Institute at Thomas Jefferson University
* Kettering College of Medical Arts
* Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, Inc.
* ESP, Inc. Ultrasound
* Seattle University - Diagnostic Ultrasound
* University of Arkansas - Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
* BrighamRAD - Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School. (Boston, Massachusetts)
* Cardiovascular MR Laboratories - Washington University Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
* Children's Hospital Medical Center, Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging - (Cincinnati, Ohio)
* Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, Department of Radiology
* Johns Hopkins Radiology
* Duke University Medical Center, Department of Radiology
* Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Radiology
*Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Radiology
* New York University, Department of Radiology
* New York-Cornell Radiology
* Penn State Radiology
* RadScape at Medical College of Georgia
* University of Cambridge, Department of Radiology
* University of Chicago Department of Radiology
* University of Iowa, Department of Radiology
* University of Maryland Radiology
* University of Rochester Radiology
* University of South Alabama, Department of Radiology
* ACVR Journal - Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound
* E-chocardiography Journal
* European Journal of Ultrasound
* Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine
* Ob-Gyn Ultrasound Online
* Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology
* Ultrasound Quarterly
Image Galleries at:
* GE Healthcare - Ultrasound
* Medison Co.,Ltd.
* Hitachi Medical Systems | UltraSound
* Philips - Ultrasound
* SIEMENS Medical
* Toshiba Ultrasound
Web Directories and Student Resources:
* The Society of Radiologists in Training
* Links to Related WWW Sites, The Division of Physiologic Imaging, the Dept. of Radiology, The University of Iowa College of Medicine
* Martindale's Radiology Center
* Diagnostic Imaging: Virtual Hospital - Health Topics A-Z
Back to Top