Skip to Main Content

Diagnostic Medical Sonography

Montgomery College Financial Aid Information


Not sure if you can afford the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program? Yes, you can. The cost of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is about the same as any credit class at Montgomery College. Tuition is based on residency classification. There is a Statewide & Health Manpower Shortage Form that allows for in-county tuition if you are enrolled in one of the designated programs. All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid.

The following are frequently asked financial aid questions.

Question 1: Are you eligible for financial aid?

Question 2: What types of financial aid are available?

Question 3: When can I apply for Financial Aid?

Question 4: How do I apply for financial aid?

1 Are you eligible for financial aid?

You may be eligible for financial aid IF you meet all of the following conditions:

l. You have been admitted to an eligible degree or certificate program.
ll. You are a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen. --Generally, you are an eligible non-citizen if you are:

(a.) U.S. permanent resident and you have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551);
(b.) A conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or
(c.) An other eligible non-citizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S.

Please visit the Financial Aid Home web site for eligibility requirement.


Back to Top

2 What types of financial aid are available?

BOT (Board of Trustee Grants)

Need-Based: Board of Trustees (BOT) grants are administered by Montgomery College. In order to qualify, you must be a Montgomery County resident and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0.

DC (grant overview)

DC Tuition Assistance Grant Program (DCTAG): The DC Application deadline is June 30. The DCTAG Program pays the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition up to fixed dollar limit to assist DC residents with out-of state tuition fees at any public college or university in the nation. Undergraduate students who choose to attend private colleges and universities in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area and any private HBCU's in the nation are eligible to receive a grant.

Federal Stafford Loans and Federal PLUS Loans 

Montgomery College participates in the Federal Family Education Loan Program. Loan funds are provided to students by private banks. Federal Stafford Loans or PLUS Loans are not automatically included in your financial aid award package. Stafford Loans can only be obtained by completing a Student Loan Processing Form  so please visit the loan page for details.

Federal SEOG (Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant)

This federal grant program supplements the Pell grant of students with exceptional financial need. The federal government provides MONTGOMERY COLLEGE with a limited amount of SEOG to award to students. We base your initial award on full time enrollment (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). It will be reduced for less than full time enrollment.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study Program provides an opportunity for students to earn money to help pay education related expenses. The program is designed to allow students to work on or off campus in a field related to your course of study. Federal Work-Study is a need-based financial aid program; therefore you must apply for Federal financial aid in order to qualify. Pay rates per hour range from $7.50 for on-campus employment and $9.00 for off-campus community service employment.

Private Scholarships and others Private Loans 

Organizations and agencies outside of Montgomery College award these funds. These agencies have their own eligibility requirements to receive and renew these awards. Grants and scholarships


Back to Top

3 When can I apply for Financial Aid?

Application deadlines: May 15 for Fall Semester and November 1 for Spring Semester.

There are 3 parts to the financial aid process.
1. File FAFSA. Add MONTGOMERY COLLEGE Title IV code 006911
2. Complete MONTGOMERY COLLEGE Financial Aid Forms.
3. Register and attend and pass your courses.

Back to Top

4 How do I apply for financial aid?

Gather tax information for the most recent tax year you filed, (e.g. US 1040 federal return). Have W-2 and 1099 forms handy.

Obtain a federal PIN ID (an electronic signature) for the student and at least one parent (for dependent students).Obtain the PIN at

Complete the FAFSA. The FAFSA can be submitted online at There is Live Chat Help on each FAFSA page. Click the live Help button at the top of the secure web page for technical assistance. To talk about what answers are required for a specific question call 1-800-433-3243


  Back to Top

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2016, Montgomery College