What is the Montgomery County
Collaboration Board (MCCB)?
The Montgomery County Collaboration Board (MCCB) for Career and Technology Education (CTE) is Montgomery County’s local advisory council (LAC) composed of industry leaders who advise the public schools and community college on education programs and curriculum development. The foundation for the MCCB is comprised of representatives from each of the eleven Cluster Advisory Boards (CABs). Each CAB represents a career cluster that focuses on the education programs related to those sectors. In addition to the CAB representatives, school officials from Montgomery College, Montgomery County Public Schools, and the Universities at Shady Grove are selected to ensure that collaboration opportunities and industry feedback are brought back to the respective institutions.
How does the MCCB help the Montgomery County families, educators, employers, and industry leaders?
- Provides a seamless transition from Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) to higher education in all career, technology, and education programs
- Reinforces the need for rigorous academic and workplace skills preparation for all students
- Assists educators, business people, parents, and students in focusing on the broad spectrum of career education options in the County and its relation to County workforce needs
- Aligns the participation/feedback from the business community with curricular objectives that yield high quality programs
- Aids in recruitment and retention in career-oriented programs at Montgomery College (MC)
- Strengthens the link among MCPS, MC, the Montgomery County Business Roundtable for Education (MCBRE), students, the larger community, and program providers
- Enhances communication and collaboration among MCPS, MC, and the 11 cluster advisory boards (CABs)
What is the mission of MCCB?
The mission of the Montgomery County Collaboration Board for Career and Technology Education is to lead in creating and maintaining a well prepared, educated, and adaptable workforce to meet the current and future needs to employers through articulated programs in Montgomery County.
Goals of MCCB
- Provide a forum where the business community, Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery College, and the Universities at Shady Grove can collaborate on trends and initiatives impacting career education, with the goal of ensuring a seamless transition from high school to college to the work world.
- Share industry challenges and best practices that can be incorporated into the maintenance and review of articulation agreements.
- Discuss program trends and offer guidance and strategies to improve MSDE Program Quality index data collection and reporting.
- Develop a collaborative system to share the work of the MCCB and the program advisory committees.
Questions or comments? Please contact Dr. Clarice Somersall, Special Assistant to the
Senior Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Boden,
Foundations Coordinator, Steven_D_Boden@mcpsmd.org.