TEAS Policies and Procedures
TEAS Retake Policies - New Requirements Effective March 1, 2015.
- After the first attempt, students must wait 30 days before they can retake the exam. In addition, students are required to schedule an appointment with the TEAS Coordinator in order to request permission to take the TEAS for the second time. Students who complete remediation with the Nursing Pre-Admission Retention Coordinator will receive a signed "authorization ticket," which must be presented to the Assessment Centers at the time of retesting. Appointments can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com.
- Two picture IDs are required at time of testing. Failure to produce two appropriate IDs can result in student being denied opportunity to test, and registration fee will not be refunded.
- Students may only take the TEAS twice during a twelve (12) month period.
- To be considered for a third attempt within a twelve-months period, students must contact the Nursing Pre-Admission Retention Coordinator for an advisement session.
Based on the outcome of the session, you may be asked to engage in documented remediation over an established
period of time. Authorization to take the TEAS for a third time is not guaranteed.
- Students receive their TEAS score report immediately after they complete the exam (computer test only).
- TEAS results are valid for 24 months.
- If students take the TEAS at an alternative location and are interested in applying to health sciences programs at Montgomery College, they must contact ATI to have his or her scores forwarded.
*The TEAS is a registered test of ATI and is not affiliated with Montgomery College. Test fees are set by ATI and subject to change. TEAS results are calculated and distributed by ATI.