On RAMP to STEM Scholarship Requirements
- Citizenship - U .S. citizenship, permanent resident, national, or admitted alien or refugee status. (No separate documentation needed. The FAFSA form described below in #2 will include verification of citizenship status.)
- Financial Need Documentation - Financial need documentation, defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid. Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The MC code is 006911. Please contact Patricia Lopez at Patricia.Lopez@montgomerycollege.edu if you have any questions. Student must be eligible for need-based federal financial aid to receive a scholarship.
- Personal Information Form - See “Application Documents”
- Most recent transcript (An unofficial transcript is acceptable. MC applicants must have a minimum of 2.8 GPA)
- Essay – See “Application Documents”
- Teacher Recommendation – See “Application Documents”
- SAT/ACT and/or Accuplacer Placement Test scores if available
Application Deadline is XXXXX. No late applications will be considered. FAFSA must be on file by May 15. See "On_RAMP_STEM_Application_FALL" for more information.
Scholarships are renewed each semester based on student performance. Once awarded, scholarships may be extended for up to two semesters depending on:
- Full time course load (at least 12 credits)
- Regular attendance and participation in On RAMP to STEM seminar
- Completion of On RAMP to STEM seminar requirements including reports and projects
- Participation in advising and supplemental instruction opportunities
- Maintenance of GPA (2.8 minimum)
- Progress toward degree and toward transfer to a baccalaureate program
- Eligibility for need-based federal financial aid.
For questions about the scholarship requirements please contact Scot Magnotta at Scot.Magnotta@montgomerycollege.edu,