On RAMP to STEM Scholarship Requirements
- Citizenship - U .S. citizenship, permanent resident, national, or admitted alien or refugee status. (No separate documentation needed. The FAFSA form described below in #2 will include verification of citizenship status.)
- Financial Need Documentation - Financial need documentation, defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid. Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The MC code is 006911. Please contact Patricia Lopez at Patricia.Lopez@montgomerycollege.edu if you have any questions.
- Personal Information Form - See “Application Documents”
- Most recent transcript (An unofficial transcript is acceptable. MC applicants must have a minimum of 2.8 GPA)
- Essay – See “Application Documents”
- Teacher Recommendation – See “Application Documents”
- SAT/ACT and/or Accuplacer Placement Test scores if available
Application Deadline is May 15, 2016. No late applications will be considered. See "On Ramp to Stem Application for 2016" for more information.
Scholarships are renewed each semester based on student performance. Once awarded, scholarships may be extended for up to four semesters depending on:
- Full time course load (at least 12 credits)
- Regular attendance and participation in On RAMP to STEM seminar
- Completion of On RAMP to STEM seminar requirements including reports and projects
- Participation in advising and supplemental instruction opportunities
- Maintenance of GPA (2.8 minimum)
- Progress toward degree and toward transfer to a baccalaureate program
For questions about the scholarship requirements please contact Scot Magnotta at Scot.Magnotta@montgomerycollege.edu, Margaret Latimer at Margaret.Latimer@montgomerycollege.edu or Beatrice Lauman at Beatrice.Lauman@montgomerycollege.edu.