On RAMP to STEM Scholarship Requirements
- Citizenship - U .S. citizenship, permanent resident, national, or admitted alien or refugee status. (No separate documentation needed. The FAFSA form described below in #2 will include verification of citizenship status.)
- Financial Need Documentation - Financial need documentation, defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid. Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The MC code is 006911. Please contact Patricia Lopez at Patricia.Lopez@montgomerycollege.edu if you have any questions. Student must be eligible for need-based federal financial aid to receive a scholarship.
- Personal Information Form - See “Application Documents”
- Most recent transcript (An unofficial transcript is acceptable. MC applicants must have a minimum of 2.8 GPA)
- Essay – See “Application Documents”
- Teacher Recommendation – See “Application Documents”
- SAT/ACT and/or Accuplacer Placement Test scores if available
Application Deadline is May 15, 2017. No late applications will be considered. Completed FAFSA must be on file by May 15. See "On RAMP TO STEM Application FALL - (2017)" for more information.
Scholarships are renewed each semester based on student performance. This is the final year of funding (Fall 2017-Spring 2018). Scholarships awarded for fall 2017 may be extended for an additional semester with a partial award possible in spring 2018 contingent upon funding.
- Full time course load (at least 12 credits)
- Regular attendance and participation in On RAMP to STEM seminar. Tuesday Afternoons 3:30 - 5 p.m. on the Rockville Campus.
- Completion of On RAMP to STEM seminar requirements including reports and projects
- Participation in advising and supplemental instruction opportunities
- Maintenance of GPA (2.8 minimum)
- Progress toward degree and toward transfer to a baccalaureate program
- Eligibility for need-based federal financial aid.
For questions about the scholarship requirements please contact Scot Magnotta at Scot.Magnotta@montgomerycollege.edu,