All graduating high school seniors who submitted a Montgomery College application should refer to the information below for next steps.
Planning to attend Montgomery College?
Do not submit another Montgomery College application. You do not need to reapply and your assigned student identification (M number) will stay the same. You will need your M number in the Office of Admissions and Records, Counseling and Advising, computer labs, library and when communicating with faculty and staff. To obtain your M number, log onto your MyMC account click here.
Next Steps Before You Can Register
Completed and submitted an MC application but have NOT done the assessment/placement tests:
should promptly complete any remaining placement test requirements. Most courses require that you demonstrate
skill levels in English, Reading and/or math prior to registration.
may be exempt from placement testing with appropriate alternative test scores
(i.e. SAT, ACT, etc.)
with college-ready test scores from the High School ACCUPLACER Program
(HSAP) do not need to retest in those specific areas. These scores have been received by MC.
on MC’s Assessment/Placement testing, including available test dates, practice
tests and criteria for exemption from placement testing can be found at www.montgomerycollege.edu/assessmentcenters
information on enrolling “step by step”
can be found on the Admissions tab of
the MC website, www.montgomerycollege.edu
Completed and submitted an MC application AND have completed the assessment/placement process but have NOT attended an Academic Orientation session:
- You should attend a MAP/IMAP/ or e-MAP session. Information about MAP sessions can be found at: www.montgomerycollege.edu/emap
- More student information to get advising can be found on the Counseling tab of the MC website, www.montgomerycollege.edu
Have taken at least one course at MC and have already attended a MAP session:
need advising to select your next semester courses and should see a counselor
or advisor. Students must complete the
Advising Questionnaire and make arrangements to see a counselor/advisor by
appointment by visiting the Starfish icon in the upper right corner of
note that students who were waived from course or assessment levels through Early
Placement should be aware that this waiver DOES NOT exempt the student
from having to meet the assessment levels for other MC courses.
Requesting an MC Transcript:
- To request an official or unofficial transcript of your Montgomery College courses, go to the “Request an MC transcript link” on the Admissions tab of the MC website, www.montgomerycollege.edu
- There is a $7 fee for each official transcript. (subject to change)
Back to Top
Other important info to know:
MYMC Online Student Account
The MYMC system is your secure online student account. You must use My MC to get information about your registration, bills, as well as mid-term and final grades. You should visit this site regularly to check your email and for important College notices and updated information.
To access MYMC, go to the Montgomery College home page- www.montgomerycollege.edu
. Click on MyMC Login
at the top of the page and follow instructions.
MC E-mail Address
Your Montgomery College student e-mail address is your official college e-mail address. You are expected to check this e-mail on a regular basis for important information from various college offices and departments. Please note that professors may require that you use your MC email account.
To access your MC e-mail, go through your MyMC account. If you need help with your e-mail, call (240) 567-5000, choose option 1 for English and then option 2 for MYMC
MC Tuition and Fees
- Information on tuition, fees and financial assistance can be found on the Cost & Financial Aid tab on the MC website, www.montgomerycollege.edu
- Your tuition rate is based on your county residency status. For more information or to request a review of your status please contact the Office of Admissions and Records at the campus you plan to attend. Contact info can be found on the Admissions tab on the MC website, www.montgomerycollege.edu
If you have general questions,
please visit a Welcome Center located at each campus or contact our Response
Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-567-5000. You may also contact your Enrollment
Representative by going to the Admissions
tab on the MC Website, www.montgomerycollge.edu.