Skip to Main Content

DE banner

Office of Academic Initiatives


All graduating high school seniors who submitted a Montgomery College credit application should refer to the information below for next steps. 

Attending MC after HS graduation 
Requesting an MC transcript 
Other important info to know 

Planning to attend Montgomery College?


Do not submit another Montgomery College application.  You do not need to reapply and your assigned student identification (M number) will stay the same.     You will need your M  number in the Office of Admissions and Records, Counseling and Advising, computer labs, library and when communicating with faculty and staff.  To obtain your M number, log onto your MyMC account click here.

Next Steps Before You Can Register


Completed and submitted an MC application but have NOT done the assessment/placement tests:

  • You should promptly complete any remaining placement test requirements.  Most courses require that you demonstrate skill levels in English, Reading and/or math prior to registration.
  • Students may be exempt from placement testing with appropriate alternative test scores (i.e. SAT, ACT, etc.)
  • Students with college-ready test scores from the High School ACCUPLACER Program (HSAP) do not need to retest in those specific areas.  These scores have been received by MC.
  • Information on MC’s Assessment/Placement testing, including available test dates, practice tests and criteria for exemption from placement testing can be found at
  • More information on  enrolling “step by step” can be found on the Admissions tab of  the MC website,


Completed and submitted an MC application AND  have completed the assessment/placement process  but have NOT attended an Academic Orientation session:


Have taken at least one course at MC and have already attended an Academic Orientation session:

  • You need advising to select your next semester courses and should see a counselor or advisor.  Students must complete the Advising Questionnaire and make arrangements to see a counselor/advisor by appointment by visiting the Starfish icon in the upper right corner of MyMC. 
  • All students must meet the assessment levels and prerequisites for each college course requested and may be required as a degree seeking student to take developmental English, math or reading courses, based on your placement status.  Students who were waived from course prerequisites or assessment levels through the Dual Enrollment review process should be aware that this waiver DOES NOT exempt the student from having to meet the assessment levels for other MC courses.   


Back to Top 

Requesting an MC Transcript:

  • To request an official or unofficial transcript of your Montgomery College courses, go to the “Request an MC transcript link” on the Admissions tab of  the MC website,
  • There is a $7 fee for each official transcript. (subject to change)

 Back to Top

Additional Important Student Information:


 MYMC Online Student Account

  • The MYMC system is your secure online student account.  You must use My MC to get information about your registration, bills, as well as mid-term and final grades. You should visit this site regularly to check your email and for important College notices and updated information.
  • To access MYMC, go to the Montgomery College home page-  Click on MyMC Login at the top of the page and follow instructions.


 MC E-mail Address

Your Montgomery College student e-mail address is your official college e-mail address.  You are expected to check this e-mail on a regular basis for important information from various college offices and departments. Please note that professors may require that you use your MC email account.


If you are a student, you can  access your MC e-mail through your MyMC account.  Just log in to MyMC, then click the "Student E-Mail" icon in the upper right corner of the page.  If you need help with your e-mail, call (240) 567-5000, choose option 1 for English and then option 2 for MYMC

 MC Tuition and Fees

  • Information on tuition, fees and financial assistance can be found on the Cost & Financial Aid tab on the MC website,
  • Your tuition rate is based on your county residency status.  For more information or to request a review of your status please contact the Office of Admissions and Records at the campus you plan to attend.  Contact info can be found on the Admissions tab on the MC website,

Disability Support Services

If you need accommodations based on a disability, please contact the DSS office at the campus you wish to attend.  For more information go to  

Back to Top 


If you have general questions, please visit a Welcome Center located at each campus or contact our Response Center at or 240-567-5000.  You may also contact your Enrollment Representative by going to the Admissions tab on the MC Website,

Back to Top 

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2018, Montgomery College