HUMAN RIGHTS DAY 2011 EVENTS
INTERNATIONAL PEACE DAY 2011 EVENTS
- On Wednesday, September 14, David Killion, US Ambassador to UNESCO, will speak at Takoma Park 2:00 - 3:00 in the Commons Building, Room 211, and at Rockville from 3:30 - 4:30 in Science West, Room 122.
- On Tuesday, September 20, Marc Gopin, Director of the George Mason University Center for World Religions, Diplomacy, and Conflict Resolution, will speak in the Rockville Theatre Arts Arena from 11:00 am -12:15 pm; a drumming circle will perform outside Theatre Arts following the talk.
- On Wednesday, September 21, the Montgomery College Peace & Justice Studies community (P&JS) will host a pick-up soccer match from 12:00 - 4:00 between HT and SA at the Germantown campus; the Bandana Project will meet from 3:30 - 4:30 in the Humanities Amphitheater at Rockville.
- On Thursday, September 22, noted peace educator Colman McCarthy will introduce a Peace Corps panel at Rockville, in Theatre Arts Arena, from 1:00 - 3:00 pm; at Takoma Park, P&JS will join with the LGBTQ community in presenting “Don’t Ask, Do Tell” in Cultural Arts Center, Theatre II.
- On Wednesday, September 28, local author Susi Wyss will introduce a Peace Corps panel from 10:30 am - 12:00 pm in HT 216 at Germantown.