Cloud Printing at Montgomery College!
Black & White Copies 10¢ single page & 17¢ for duplex
Full Color Copies 50¢ single page & 89¢ for duplex
Since the introduction of Printing at MC, paper waste has been minimized allowing Montgomery College to achieve its goal of becoming a greener environment.
Cost and materials savings:
• 2010-2011, student printing was estimated at 10.7 million pages.
• 2011-2012, print volume was now only at 1.02 million pages.
• Prior to its implementation, library, lab and learning center staff complained about the waste of paper discarded on a daily basis. Now, they struggle with finding scratch paper.
• The expense of having new and replacement equipment, paper, supplies, service, print servers, and manpower required to service equipment have all seen cost savings at MC.
Reduced Wait Time for Printing:
• Through the “cloud” technology, students and community patrons are no longer confined to using a desktop in a library, lab, or learning center for the sole purpose of accessing a printer in those facilities.
• Students can send a print queue to the cloud and retrieve it at any kiosk on any MC campus. You can even send from home or any other location using the WEPA print driver and release/retrieve that document at any time.
• Kiosks are strategically placed in common areas to enhance availability.