MTAP Information for MC Students
For more information, please see the University of Maryland College Park's MTAP Website
How do I apply for the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program?
- Complete and submit the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program Application.
- Your application will be forwarded from Montgomery College to the University of Maryland.
- You will be contacted by the University of Maryland regarding your acceptance as a participant in the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program.
- Once a participant in the program, you will be encouraged to consider your education plan with a Bachelor's degree in mind. Please see the list of majors at the University of Maryland here.
- After you have completed 15 credits at MC, you will be eligible for all Maryland Transfer Advantage Program activities and services.
When do I apply for MTAP?
- You have the option to apply for acceptance into MTAP for fall or spring admission. The minimum participation in MTAP is one semester. Therefore, you must be a participant in the program the prior spring or fall semester.
- If you plan to enroll at Maryland in the fall semester and want to participate in MTAP the semester prior to transfer you must meet the MTAP application deadline of November 15th. If you plan to enroll at Maryland in the spring, and take advantage of MTAP you must meet the MTAP deadline of June 1st.
After acceptance into MTAP and completion of 15 credits at Montgomery College, follow the steps listed on the Course Interest Survey to begin taking classes at UM:
- Meet with your counselor at Montgomery College to determine the most appropriate courses to take at Maryland.
- Check course prerequisites.
- Check course availability.
- Receive permission to register for a UM course from your counselor/advisor at MC.
- Complete the Course Interest Survey and send form to:
MTAP, University of Maryland
0117 Mitchell Building, College Park, MD 20742
How do I complete the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program?
- Finish your Associate's Degree or Transfer Certificate at MC.
- Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Enroll at the University of Maryland College Park or a University of Maryland College Park program at the Universities of Shady Grove within one year of your completion of an Associate's Degree or Transfer Certificate from MC.
- Do not enroll at another institution of higher education after acceptance into MTAP.
REMEMBER: Students who have successfully completed MTAP are guaranteed admission to the University of Maryland.
After I complete MTAP, how do I transfer to the University of Maryland?
Meet with your counselor
at Montgomery College.
- Complete a Transfer Admission Application.
- Review the Transfer Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions for MTAP
University of Maryland Website
UMCP Transfer Application Information
UMCP Course Catalog
UMCP Schedule of Classes
UMCP Majors Offered
UMCP Student Services