Skip to Main Content
Transfer Options Banner

Articulation Agreements

MTAP Information for MC Students  

For more information, please see the  University of Maryland College Park's MTAP Website

How do I apply for the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program?

  1. Complete and submit the  Maryland Transfer Advantage Program Application.
  2. Your application will be forwarded from Montgomery College to the University of Maryland.
  3. You will be contacted by the University of Maryland regarding your acceptance as a participant in the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program.
  4. Once a participant in the program, you will be encouraged to consider your education plan with a Bachelor's degree in mind.  Please see the list of majors at the University of Maryland  here.
  5. After you have completed 15 credits at MC, you will be eligible for all Maryland Transfer Advantage Program activities and services.

When do I apply for MTAP?

  • You have the option to apply for acceptance into MTAP for fall or spring admission.  The minimum participation in MTAP is one semester.  Therefore, you must be a participant in the program the prior spring or fall semester.
  • If you plan to enroll at Maryland in the fall semester and want to participate in MTAP the semester prior to transfer you must meet the MTAP application deadline of November 15th.  If you plan to enroll at Maryland in the spring, and take advantage of MTAP you must meet the MTAP deadline of June 1st.

After acceptance into MTAP and completion of 15 credits at Montgomery College, follow the steps listed on the Course Interest Survey to  begin taking classes at UM: 

  1. Meet with your counselor at Montgomery College to determine the most appropriate courses to take at Maryland.
  2. Check course prerequisites.
  3. Check course availability.
  4. Receive permission to register for a UM course from your counselor/advisor at MC.
  5. Complete the  Course Interest Survey and send form to:

MTAP, University of Maryland

0117 Mitchell Building, College Park, MD  20742

How do I complete the Maryland Transfer Advantage Program?

  • Finish your  Associate's Degree or  Transfer Certificate at MC.
  • Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
  • Enroll at the University of Maryland College Park or a University of Maryland College Park program at the  Universities of Shady Grove within one year of your completion of an Associate's Degree or Transfer Certificate from MC. 
  • Do not enroll at another institution of higher education after acceptance into MTAP.

REMEMBER: Students who have successfully completed MTAP are guaranteed admission to the University of Maryland.

After I complete MTAP, how do I transfer to the University of Maryland?

  1. Meet with your  counselor at Montgomery College.
  2. Complete a Transfer Admission Application.
  3. Review the  Transfer Frequently Asked Questions.

Other Resources:

Frequently Asked Questions for MTAP

University of Maryland Website

UMCP Transfer Application Information

UMCP Course Catalog

UMCP Schedule of Classes

UMCP Majors Offered

UMCP Student Services

College Park Logo

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2017, Montgomery College