Dr. Clarice Somersall serves as the Associate Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Montgomery College and oversees the following priorities:
- Pursuing inquiries pertaining to educational programming opportunities for all student populations at Montgomery College.
- Acting as the academic liaison to the external community and in developing and promoting partnerships to advance educational, economic and career initiatives. This includes managing the College’s role on the Montgomery County Collaboration Board and its eleven Career Advisory Boards.
- Facilitating the interface of MCPS academic and career programs with those offered at the College’s campuses, and supporting local programs that advance student achievement.
- Representing the College at the Maryland Community College Council of Chief Academic Officers (M4CAO) and the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).
- Managing the College’s participation in the Pre-K through 20 Council, which links MCPS, Montgomery College, and the Universities at Shady Grove.
- Providing leadership for the academic partnerships with the Montgomery County Public Schools and Universities at Shady Grove.
- Directing the maintenance and implementation of numerous articulation agreements and transfer scholarships with national colleges and universities as well as with international baccalaureate-granting institutions. Promoting transfer opportunities, including the coordination of the annual Scholarship Conference.
- Overseeing the management of the Tech Prep interface with Montgomery County Public Schools.