3.3 Insert a Table
Use a table to display tabular data.
To insert a table, follow the steps below:
- In Edit mode, click on the Insert Table icon. The Insert Table dialogue box will open.
- You may edit the following fields:
- Size: Rows and Columns: Enter any number of rows and columns
- Layout: Width as Percent = % of Content Area; or Width as Pixels = size in absolute pixels (the main content area is fixed at 700 pixels).
- Horizontal Alignment: Selection of left, center, or right will cause the table to snap to those respective locations within the content area.
- When finished, click OK in the upper right of the dialogue box.
- To edit the width of an individual column, right-click on a cell and select Cell Properties. The Cell Properties dialogue box opens.
- In the Cell Properties dialogue box, modify any of the following items: width (select either percent or pixels), word wrap, alignment. Then click OK.
PLEASE NOTE: In edit mode, the table will appear with light gray gridlines. However, on the staging and production sites, the table will automatically display alternating row colors - blue (on odd numbered rows) and white (on even numbered rows). See the .edu style guide for details on how to modify the table row colors (PDF - 1.7 MB).