Career and Technology Education Programs of Study (CTE)
CTE allows students to earn credit at Montgomery College by enrolling in Programs of Study at Montgomery County Public High Schools.
Programs of Study include: Art, Automotive Technology, Business, Construction & Development, Criminal Justice, Education, Engineering, IT and more.
To earn credit at Montgomery College, MCPS students must:
1. Complete their Program of Study earning a B or better in the required classes.
2. Complete the Articulation Credit Award Form and submit it to your home school registrar.
3. Ask the registrar to attach a copy of your official transcript to the Articulation Credit Award Form and mail it to:
Montgomery College, Transcript Evaluator
Office of Admissions and Records
51 Mannakee St.
Rockville, MD 20850
4. Declare the major outlined in the articulation agreement.
- If a student does not meet the requirements outlined in the CTE agreement, they will not receive credit at MC.
- Four-year schools determine transferablility of CTE credit. Although MC accepts the credits, they will not automatically transfer to other schools.
To see how the the Programs of Study correlate to majors and cerrtificates at MC, view this chart.
For the full list of the Programs of Study, or for more information about CTE, visit
or contact Dean Schleicher at firstname.lastname@example.org or (240) 567-5492.